DUB does not run on Windows 10/64

GoaLitiuM goalitium at dforums.mail.kapsi.fi
Mon Nov 4 16:54:23 UTC 2019

On Monday, 4 November 2019 at 15:52:59 UTC, Aldo wrote:
> On Monday, 4 November 2019 at 15:32:09 UTC, Bienlein wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I downloaded dub-v1.18.0-windows-x86_64.zip und unzipped it on
>> my 64bit Windows 10 system. When running dub it complains:
>>
>> The version of C:\d\dub-v1.18.0-windows-x86\dub.exe is not
>> comptaibel with the Windows version in use (translated roughly
>> from German, because the error message is displayed in the
>> Windows installation language).
>>
>> But my Windows box is 64 bit. Microsoft Windows [Version
>> 10.0.18362.418].
>>
>> Thanks for any hints.
>
> +1
>
> Not working for . (biname on win10/64 (binary from dub github
> releases).

Looks like the GitHub release page never had working Windows
binaries because the build script was wrong and apparently never
tested with a real system...

DUB is bundled with both DMD and LDC, so you don't actually need
to install it unless you need the latest version. In that case
you can build it with dub by simply running "dub build dub", and
the latest binaries should be placed to
%LOCALAPPDATA%\dub\packages\dub-1.18.0\dub\bin