D and i/o

bioinfornatics bioinfornatics at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 9 23:39:09 UTC 2019

Dear,

In my field we are io bound thus I would like to have our tools
fast as I can read a file.

Thus I started some dummy bench which count the number of lines.
The result is compared to wc -l command. The line counting is
only a pretext to evaluate the io, this process can be switched
by any io processing. Thus we use much as possible the buffer
instead the byLine range. Moreover such range imply that the
buffer was read once before to be ready to process.

https://github.com/bioinfornatics/test_io

Ideally I would like to process a shared buffer through multiple
core and run a simd computation. But it is not yet done.