DIP 1025--Dynamic Arrays Only Shrink, Never Grow--Community Review Round 1

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 14:22:34 UTC 2019

On Monday, 11 November 2019 at 14:02:36 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> If the goal is to move away from the GC and make using D
> without the GC the priority,

This already works - and you can statically enforce it on a
per-function level by @nogc. Or on a per-type basis with a
trivial wrapper struct (except null doesn't implicitly construct
- we should fix THAT). Or on a per-project basis with -betterC.

All this proposal does is break code that hasn't opted into those
existing options.

> Some communication about the overall goal here would be nice.
> Is there even a plan?

I agree with this regardless though.