DIP 1025--Dynamic Arrays Only Shrink, Never Grow--Community Review Round 1

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Mon Nov 11 14:24:32 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-11 13:33:35 +0000, Adam D. Ruppe said:

> Prior art fails to mention @nogc, which already prohibits these
> operations in D today. So does -betterC. These work without breaking
> nearly every D module I have ever seen for marginal benefit at best.

Yes, that's a very good point and gives one everything to manually
manage memory and be sure the GC doesn't jump in.

If a mixed memory management model is used, the programmer needs to
understand the side-effects and what happens if the GC jumps in and
take full responsibility.

So, I don't like this change at all. KISS.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com