The non-intrusive ad-hoc borrowing scheme…

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 10:21:19 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 13 November 2019 at 23:04:38 UTC, Araq wrote:

> I think you are about to re-invented
> https://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/files/us-bacon/Dingle07Ownership.pdf

Thanks for the reference, I'll read it later :-)

> See https://github.com/nim-lang/RFCs/issues/144 for a
> discussion.

Yes, that concept for Nim seems to be similar in spirit, although
what I am thinking about is only for testing so that time and
memory overhead is acceptable.

Actually, maybe refcounting isn't needed. Maybe one can only emit
the owning/borrowing/unborrowing patterns to disk and do an
analysis of those patterns after running the tests.