Another use case for __traits(docComment)

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 13:33:11 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 14 November 2019 at 12:38:33 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 November 2019 at 07:50:31 UTC, Jonathan Marler
> wrote:
>>  Up till now, D code is written assuming that parameter names
>> are private.
>
> Well, like I said in my last email, that assumption is wrong.
> Parameter names have been exposed via CT reflection since at
> least 2011 when I wrote my first web interface generator
> library with it.

Replying to state that Binderoo wouldn't be able to do fancy
things like generate C++/C# interfaces without this
functionality. If you've written D code assuming they're private,
then that code is wrong.

Design by introspection. I can even tell whether a symbol in your
class is an alias or not.