Why do C++ programmers are not interested in D?

Ola Fosheim Gr ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 16:36:25 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 19 November 2019 at 16:11:00 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> Interesting they use the term "generics", it looks very much
> like they are putting in templates, which are vastly different
> from generics on many languages.

Well, I don't know. Seems like they haven't quite decided on the
semantics, but implement it in order to get feedback on actual
use.

The umbrella term is «generic programming», so templates is
perhaps more like a special case of generics. Also, it could
create C++ like expectations, perhaps. I assume they will go for
something simpler.