Why do C++ programmers are not interested in D?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 02:56:35 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 20 November 2019 at 01:19:32 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:
> [snip]
>

> It won't be that fast and for our purposes we used it in a way
> that is easy but will add more overhead.  However for lots of
> things just being able to call C++ libraries without manual
> work opens up a lot and later if it matters you can make it
> faster.  So we can call quite a lot of C++ from D using cling
> already and more will follow in time.  We will open source when
> ready.

Any additional details you can provide on this, I would find
interesting. For instance, are you using a D interpreter and then
Cling as the C++ interpreter to get the C++ code working in the
interpreter? I wouldn't think you would need Cling if you're
compiling ahead of time.

Also, I noticed jupyter-wire at the symmetryinvestments
repository as a replacement for jupyterd. Is this meant to be
infrastructure that some other tool will build on? Thanks.