Whats holding ~100% D GUI back?

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Thu Nov 21 21:46:08 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-19 22:57:47 +0000, aberba said:

> ... Whats happening now? What's holding 100% D GUI back?

Nothing, so why don't you do one?

We are developing a GUI framework in D for our product. But, the
framework is only a menas to an end. And, the focus is on the stuff we
need, not to create a ready-to-use-everyone-will-love-it framework.

I bet the ratio is 1:50 for dev-power:feedback-power for such projects
in the public => If you want to get things done, you need to do it in a
small closed group.

If you want to go public, you need to have a level that others can take
it and use it. Otherwise you are wasting a lot of capacity with a lot
of wishes but low support.

Anyway, here is a shor teaser:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57s19lj0xzr7sqo/Bildschirmaufnahme%202019-11-21%20um%2022.38.37.mov

Mihgt not look like a lot, but everything is already working, so
focusing on more basic widgets. And after this we do decoration (a bit)
and BTW we can do font rendering too already.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com