Prototype of Ownership/Borrowing System for D

mipri mipri at minimaltype.com
Sun Nov 24 02:33:50 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 24 November 2019 at 02:10:41 UTC, mipri wrote:
> It's really hard to see you as only having sincere technical
> objections to @live after reading this.

Even after rewriting this so many times, I reckon it still
won't be received well.

So:

I'm actually very interested in criticisms of @live (I hope
more people are testing it than is apparent from the posts
here), and even of alternatives that won't happen. But I don't
have a four-year degree with a major of "the last 300 years of
your bitter disputes about language design", and every single
post of yours has required that. (I still have no idea what you
could possibly mean with a remark like "It doesn't make
@safe code any more expressive.")

I realize it's tiresome to repeat things that you think are
already established, though. Please feel free to disregard my
input.