Some thoughts

aliak something at something.com
Tue Nov 26 15:59:27 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 at 14:38:33 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 at 13:15:02 UTC, berni44 wrote:
>> On Monday, 25 November 2019 at 19:59:21 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:
>>> Red is a good branding colour. Noticable and memorable.
>>> Yellow is a bit more noticable, but red is still very
>>> effective.
>>>
>>> Very successful in marketing as well: Coca Cola, etc.
>>
>> Well, Coca Cola tries to address people who like risks. There
>> red is the right colour. But think of a company who calmly
>> decides between several languages. They don't want danger,
>> they want something serious.
>
> I guess we just have to agree to diagree, red is a very common

What is it you disagree with? Colours have been shown to invoke a
general tendency towards specific emotional states. And red
happens to tend towards danger (among other things).
Evolutionarily, red is something you stay away from in nature.

(whether it matters significantly or not for a programming
language I don't know, but it does it you want to get more tips,
be rated higher visually, or perform worse/better on cogniitive
tests)

Many research papers listed in this article if interested:
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20140827-how-the-colour-red-warps-the-mind