"temporary" templates

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 27 20:02:52 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 at 16:32:13 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:

> The more I think about it, the more I like the CTFE with Types
> as first class approach, because then I can use actual mutating
> code vs. immutable functional approach that is required with
> templates.
>
> -Steve

Yes that is the point.
first class types during ctfe allows you to use weak purity
instead of strong purity!
And therefore makes AST manipulation or introspection much more
efficient!

I'll build a tiny POC shortly. The thing that I got stuck with
last time was the lexer/parser modification that is required to
flag type arguments to ctfe functions.