Some thoughts

S.G sorryidontrememberthemailu at nowhere.fi
Sat Nov 30 03:25:27 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 30 November 2019 at 00:21:13 UTC, Suleyman wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 at 09:11:33 UTC, S.G wrote:
>> Fixing D bugs is a one way process so I don't even recommend
>> doing this seriously, e.g on a daily basis, several hours per
>> days. This will inexorably leads to frustration. Fix bugs if
>> at work your company needs some particular fixes, fix bugs if
>> you need some fixes for your own side-projects, fix bugs if
>> this is required for your studies. But don't fix bugs just for
>> the love of the D programming language.
>
> If you don't regularly fix bugs they will mess up your schedule
> once you start working on a project and find yourself spending
> most of your time inside the debugger instead of coding your
> logic.

It's not about regularly fixing or not. Fixing bugs is not about
pissing 5000 lines of code every day, it's more precision work.
You can work during two hours and finally only one line of code
will be written. It's maybe the reason why it's not well
recognized, but truth is, if it was so simple there would be 10
bugfixs merged every day. Is this the case ? No, clearly not.