Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Tue Oct 1 15:55:50 UTC 2019

On Friday, 27 September 2019 at 18:41:46 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 27 September 2019 at 18:16:27 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>
> Seems like the adoption of new languages today is primarily
> driven by a desire by big corporations to avoid compatibility
> and isolate their own eco systems.
>
> Apple/Swift.
> Microsoft/C#.
> Google/Go/Koitlin.
> Oracle/Java.

Something I was always curious to know, Andrei Alexandrescu
worked at facebook for few years

And from the little available online, it seems that facebook for
a while used D for some internal tools

Again as an outsider, and with very little available on this, it
seems facebook  moved t Ocaml and than Reason

Did Andrei, ever write a blog on why D at facebook didnt happen,
it seems like it could have been a big moment for D

(OCaml is a GC language, so it can't be the GC)