Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Wed Oct 2 11:12:29 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 2 October 2019 at 10:16:45 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Or to phrase it differently:
>
> In  which niche can Nim or D hope to obtain 1% market share of
> within 10 years?

Pew! That's a tough one.

> Which niches are out of reach?
>
> Clearly, web, iOS, Android are all out of reach. But maybe
> there are some other niches where a focused effort could lead
> to market-capturing progress.

I wouldn't write off Nim here. Nim could be an option for iOS and
Android development if you can compile it to C libs or some sort
of OS specific format.

> What would have to change (in terms of technology) to increase
> the probability of capturing one such market?

Something like GraalVM? Write in any language you like and you
can interact with any language you like, but I don't really see
it for D. Nim, perhaps. I don't know.