[SAoC] MLIR Support for LDC

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Thu Oct 3 06:22:35 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 2 October 2019 at 23:45:03 UTC, Roberto Rosmaninho
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 October 2019 at 20:31:02 UTC, Johan Engelen
> wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, if you checkout MLIR into your local
>> LLVM checkout [1], then it is automatically built with LLVM
>> and the header files will be part of the LLVM install.
>
> Yes! I found a solution: create a cmake find for mlir, ldc have
> to mlir and it fixes the problem: http://bit.ly/2n7xEJS

This doesn't look quite right.
You should `ninja install` LLVM (set an install path using
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="..." when running cmake to generate the
ninja build file), such that you get a local LLVM installation
that contains also the MLIR stuff. Are you sure that MLIR is
built when building LLVM? Perhaps cmake argument
-DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="mlir;compiler-rt;lld" is needed.

-Johan