Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Thu Oct 3 09:13:37 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 3 October 2019 at 09:03:10 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:

> Wasn't one of the starting points of Nim to be a native Python?
> (In the same way Crystal is a native Ruby.)

With the difference that Nim has the potential to become a native
Python with all that's involved, i.e. rich ecosystem a la Python.
But I think it can become much more than that. If you can compile
it to C libs then it can become part of many things (mobile,
embedded, gaming etc.)

Personally, I'd love to see scientists and the like to use Nim
instead of Python so you can use their code for production (more
or less) immediately.