[SAoC] MLIR Support for LDC

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Fri Oct 4 14:55:08 UTC 2019

On Friday, 4 October 2019 at 13:07:56 UTC, Roberto Rosmaninho
wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 October 2019 at 18:38:35 UTC, Johan wrote:
>
> I see, but neither clang nor compiler-rt has any code in
> "${LLVM_ROOT_DIR}/include/".  I think the problem here is that
> ${LLVM_ROOT_DIR} has the following path
> "~/llvm-project/llvm/build" (at least this is the path that I
> got here - this llvm-project is the new pattern), so to get
> separate projects like clang, compiler-rt , and mlir, we need
> to go back to llvm directory, enter the project directory and
> select the project we want. As far as I know, this is the build
> pattern for llvm, so anyone who has already installed mlir will
> benefit from it.

You should "install" the LLVM that you build yourself, e.g. by
make install or ninja install. And then point LDC to that
installation of LLVM instead of to the build dir. LLVM_ROOT_DIR
should point to the installation dir, not to your build dir. That
is the expected setup when building LDC. Can you try that?

-Johan