[SAOC] CI Project

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Sun Oct 6 14:28:55 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 24 September 2019 at 21:14:51 UTC, Max Haughton wrote:
> Apologies for the delay (Just started university so I haven't
> had a computer until now).
>
> The milestones for the project:
> https://gist.github.com/maxhaton/a44b0be7eaa9ee75df598794061fb9a0
>

> There's not much more to add except for the "Data about D
> files" section:
> I have laid the groundwork for this, but I don't know what to
> measure - any suggestions would be appreciated (Examples being
> the @safety of functions). This is done post-SEMA so any
> information available to the compiler can be included.

Re integration with CI: I think this is the most important part
as otherwise people won't be aware of your work.

You can get a build notification triggered via a GitHub webhook
and then either send a GitHub status check update or send a
comment. However, I strongly recommend to not implement your own
GitHub CI, but add it as another project on the Buildkite project
tester.

The only downside is that every time it will run on a different
agent, so pure time measurements wouldn't work, but it should be
great for all other stats.

Dlang-bot also receives all important web hooks and already sends
a comment to every PR (+ has the permission to send status
updates), so this might be another helpful place for your
integration.