Most popular programming languages 1965-2019 (visualised)

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 10:04:57 UTC 2019

On Friday, 11 October 2019 at 08:06:02 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> I'm not sure if it is biased to say that the ocean is wet if
> you actually are standing in it.

Being wet is not quantitative. A better analogy is you saying
"the ocean can't possibly be 17 degrees Celcius on average, I'm
standing in it and it feels warmer than that".

> Bascially, you cannot aggregate data in the way the author of
> the video has.

You can totally critisize the method, but you can't dismiss the
results because they contradict your personal experience (which
is at least as biased as whatever statistical methods the author
used).