DIP 1024--Shared Atomics--Community Review Round 1

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 11:13:56 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 12 October 2019 at 10:22:38 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> c. you hand out an unshared version of the dynamic array to
> another thread which then increase the length of the dynamic
> array in @safe code

I'm sorry. I mixed up Go and D dynamic array semantics... :-/

I thought they were exactly the same, but apparently D always
reallocates while Go tries to avoid reallocation.  I dislike the
semantics of Go too... that being said.

Still, it might be an issue for library types, even though it
appears to work out for builtins (?).