Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 11:14:30 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at 08:13:34 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 16:16:24 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
> wrote:
>>
>> If you pardon me making yet another "D need this" post:
>
> Good point, and it has been made before by various people on
> the forum. Átilas vision sounds good and very ambitious. Then
> again, D also needs a clean up due to failed ambitions in the
> past, and D needs proper tooling (like in the Java world).

What tooling what you like to see developed that doesn't exist
now?
I keep reading online that Go has great tooling, but having used
it I don't know what people mean when they say that. Likewise, I
read that people want D to have great tooling but I also don't
know what they mean then either.

> hobby users don't care so much about the tools as they often
> have their own custom made build tools for D

AFAIK nearly everybody uses dub. What else would you like to see
in this area?