++Phobos

berni44 dlang at d-ecke.de
Wed Oct 16 17:20:28 UTC 2019

In the feedback thread H. S. Teoh is talking about that we need a
new/better version of Phobos. I remember having read the same in
a comment on some PR recently. How would this better version look
like? Is there allready any picture of what we do want? One says,
if you don't know the goal, all paths are the wrong ones...

A few things that I remember from various sources:

* Some improvement in the realm of ranges.
* Replacement of some old modules. (std.xml, std.outbuffer,
std.socket, what else?)
* Adding some missing modules (std.eventloop, std.database, what
else?)
* Unifying some modules (everything covering selfinspection, like
std.traits and so on, whar else?)

Anything more?