Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 12:54:19 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at 19:28:35 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 05:52:33PM +0000, Paul Backus via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at 17:40:42 UTC, Atila Neves
>> wrote:
>> > On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at 16:42:28 UTC, Rumbu wrote:
> [...]
> [...]
>> > Which parts of that survey would you like the vision to
>> > include?
>>
>> Given that the community has already spoken, I think the onus
>> is on the language maintainers at this point to take the
>> results into account (or not).
> [...]
>
> Yes, yes, and yes!  The language maintainers need to take this
> survey into consideration, especially considering it represents
> a significant number of D users (about 500+, give or take
> depending on the question).
>
> It's OK if the language maintainers don't agree with certain
> points on the survey, but please, pretty please, *make your
> stance clear*. Please don't keep silence and leave us guessing.
>  That's *very* detrimental to morale, and given the current
> state of D, we need as much morale as we can muster.

I wasn't in my current role when that survey was taken. To be
honest, I'd forgotten it'd happened (even though I participated!)
and can't even remember if it was one or two years ago.

I'm happy it was brought up again, and even though there's no way
of telling what the results would be now other than doing another
survey, I'll make a point of taking a look at it going forward.

String interpolation was very popular at that survey and that's
happening.