Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Oct 17 13:26:51 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 12:51:17 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:

> IDE integration seems to be a common refrain. I'm trying to
> understand what it is people need here by asking questions.

I had promised Andrei about six months ago that I would lead an
effort to formalize and make decisions about what needs to be
done to make Dub a first-class tool. The plan was to allow anyone
to file an issue in a Git repo. All of that information would
then be turned into something resembling a DIP.

Personal issues have to this point derailed that plan, but maybe
that is a better way to proceed versus vague discussions on a
mailing list that will soon be out of sight and out of mind.
There is not much useful information (particularly in terms of
concrete suggestions for how to proceed) in mailing list
discussions.