Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 20:01:37 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 19:49:55 UTC, welkam wrote:
> safe but current compiler cant prove it. So he wants to
> implement additional checks based on control flow graph. This
> is not like Rust's borrow checker. Its much simpler and one
> motivated man can do it.

Ok, I missed that clarification.
So, it will only work sometimes.
So, you cannot use it reliably in generic code.

I find that troublesome. Maybe it isn't, but it sounds very
problematic.

> contradicts your view. The only language might fit your example
> is Ruby but it wasn't that popular.

Perl, Python, Php, and many smaller languages have built a strong
following without corporate backing so, no.

What is true is that corporates often provides the superior use
case for a language, but that is a different issue.

> I feel like whenever I say AEOA you read that and the go to
> talk about ÆØÅ. Close but not what I was talking.

I don't see your point. I feel that you assume too much.