Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Fri Oct 18 00:32:14 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 21:58:14 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:

> I hope the reader now see it's hopeless to have no moderation
> and hope for the best, since goodwill alone doesn't prevent
> some people from enjoying distress in others.
>
> Good communities are built on the Internet with exclusion
> (moderation, internet point, banning, etc...)

This forum (which is technically not forum, more a mailing list)
have quite little problems with trolls. Few people even find this
place.

The problem this forum is that the discussion often derails into
off topic (which even this post is). Many threads seems to derail
into some kind of despair and whining over the state of D. This
is of course not very productive and might be a reason that D
development is going slowly. People who are doing are not trolls
but perhaps more dejected people. You are allowed to be
dissatisfied and dejected but threads must stay on topic.

BTW I would be happy if you would upgrade the D forum to
something more modern. With a modern forum you will also get
better functionality for moderating the forum.