Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Oct 18 16:37:03 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 03:09:02PM +0000, welkam via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> I have this view. If current libraries or services in all languages do
> not satisfy your needs and you want to build your own solution then D
> is the perfect language. If you want to take a bunch of libraries, put
> some glue code and shit a product then D is a bad language for you.
[...]

Very interesting view.  This probably explains why I like D so much --
I've never liked the idea of just throwing a bunch of libraries together
with some glue code and calling it a product.  But I bet most people
would disagree.  *shrug*

Once the bikeshed is up for painting, the rainbow won't suffice. -- Andrei Alexandrescu