Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Oct 18 17:23:17 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 04:48:24PM +0000, Laurent Tréguier via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Isn't it because 2.088.1 isn't semver-compliant ? It would need to be
> tagged at something like 2.88.1 (and thus changing the versioning
> scheme) to be recognized as a correct version by Dub, if I'm not
> mistaken

This is a side-note, but I find it really ironic that semver started out
as being a general principle of bumping version numbers semantically
rather than arbitrarily, which isn't tied to any specific version
syntax, but nowadays it seems to be become a stick with which to beat
others over for not complying with a specific syntactic implementation
of it.

MSDOS = MicroSoft's Denial Of Service