++Phobos

berni44 dlang at d-ecke.de
Sun Oct 20 13:37:01 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 at 17:20:28 UTC, berni44 wrote:
> How would this better version look like?

I hoped to be able to summarize all the things, that you wrote,
but effectivly there is only little, that came up. Thanks anyway
to all of you who answered.

 From my point of few there are two quite different things to do:

a) Adding, removing and combining modules. That's something, that
should be doable, partly by using @deprecation, partly even
without. This could be called "incremental improvement".

b) Correcting design mistakes made in the past. This sounds much
more difficult, especially when it affects stuff, that is used
quite often, like strings and ranges. And there is the fear, that
this might bring down D alltogether. This would probably need a
"new version".