Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 19:58:28 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 20 October 2019 at 17:46:07 UTC, Meta wrote:

> I'm not saying that allowing to differentiate between
> implementations would be worthless, just that it's not a bug
> that D collapses them into 1 in the implementing class.

I still do not follow why the diamond problem and the lack of
data members is relevant. For me, it is not different from:

struct A {
     int x;
}

struct B {
     int x;
}

Both types are isomorphic to int, but we still consider them
distinct types and x's inside them unrelated, even though they
are typed and named identically.