Suggestion for a new trait: __traits(getCaptures,...)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 16:53:42 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 22 October 2019 at 16:42:36 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> Rather than a new `__traits`, it would also suffice to add a
> `.captures` property to delegates. Then we could write the
> following:

That won't work since the type system doesn't know delegate
origins; whether it is a capture or an object or whatever is lost.

Though perhaps we could extend it... so the delegate's actual
type DOES store this info, and then it implicitly casts back to
the naked delegate we have today. That might be very interesting,
then templates could possibly do by-value passes too.