On Forum Moderation

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Oct 22 19:11:39 UTC 2019

On 10/21/2019 2:45 PM, welkam wrote:
> On Monday, 21 October 2019 at 07:16:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Mike's advice is still good. Don't reply to people who push your buttons.
>
> And all the C programmer need to pay more attention when writing their code so
> they would not get buffer overflows.

Buffer overflows are unintentional. Replies are intentional. The analogy isn't apt.

Nevertheless, I do know that asking people to not reply to trolls doesn't work.
This is where experience comes in - it takes a few years for youthful enthusiasm
"this time it will be different" to reply to be battered into bitter oblivion by
experience.