On Forum Moderation

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Oct 22 22:53:54 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:58:36 PM MDT Greatsam4sure via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> stack overflow has a voting system. We can add a voting system
> that can help the people in charge of the forum to take decisions.
>
> (1)We can force people to select options when reply to post-such
> as relevant,on topic, out of topic
>
> (2) we can allow people reading the post to also vote by just
> clicking a button.
>
> We need some level of moderation on the forum

This really isn't a forum. It's a newsgroup which has a web interface as one
of the ways to access it. Many of the posters here either access it directly
as a newsgroup or via the mailing list interface. As such, features that
don't exist for a newsgroup or mailing list don't make sense for the web
interface, and that would include voting.

- Jonathan M Davis