Rust “ice breaker” for getting involved - can we do something similar?

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 08:54:59 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 23 October 2019 at 07:18:39 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> You kinda missed my point.
>
> The lists of bugzilla issues that newbies can do are already
> curated.

Let's dial it back a bit though.

It's widely regarded that one of the major successes of Github
was to make source control a social platform.

The problem being raised in this thread isn't exactly whether the
information exists, it's whether it is in a presentable state for
humans.

(The engineers here will have their eyes twitch and raise their
fingers... It's cool. I get it. But Bugzilla is hardly a social
platform, and isn't the best tool for engaging with people
outside of this small community.)