Rust “ice breaker” for getting involved - can we do something similar?

Aliak something at something.com
Wed Oct 23 15:45:13 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 23 October 2019 at 07:18:39 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 23/10/2019 8:10 PM, aliak wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 23 October 2019 at 06:11:34 UTC, rikki
>> cattermole wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> I figured someone would suggest: "just go search yourself" :)
>> - I should've addressed it in the original post...
>>
>> Yes, rust has labels as well. A) different participation model
>> (pull vs push). B) you don't know when there's new stuff. C) A
>> ping every now and then on a list you voluntarily want to be
>> on is a good thing as it may ping you at the "right time". D)
>> setup is minimal and produces another avenue for people to get
>> involved and be reminded that they want to be involved.
>>
>> And ok so the next response is probably going to be something
>> along: "if you're too lazy to go check yourself then there's
>> no point" ... or something. That's a response from someone who
>> just doesn't understand that people work differently. What
>> works for you does not work for another. And having different
>> styles or avenues for getting involved increases reach - which
>> is what you want in an open source project (I assume).
>
> You kinda missed my point.
>
> The lists of bugzilla issues that newbies can do are already
> curated.
> As per you question "Is something similar doable with the
> bugzilla setup?".

Maybe I should’ve explained it better. But anyway, similar as in:
join a list, get pinged when there’s a new issue that is beginner
level.

So that’d mean, when a new issue is labeled as boot camp, is
there a list that people can join to be notified.