On Forum Moderation

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 20:28:43 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 22 October 2019 at 19:11:39 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Buffer overflows are unintentional. Replies are intentional.
> The analogy isn't apt.

I dont agree that its useful or correct way of looking at this.
If you could ask people before they go on this forum whether they
want to post the things they do in response to some messages they
would say no but they post it anyway and regret afterwards. I
would not label that kind of behavior as intentional.

Some emotions are really good at making/forcing us to engage with
a content. Anger is the best one at it. This should explain to
you why some things get viral on twitter or why media wont stop
talking about Trump. Any way in a forum the size of this a
message that successfully triggers anger emotion to the reader
are guaranteed to receive a response.

If you still think that there is a choice involved here think
about click bait. Its universally disliked and still keeps
working.