Issue 1974 - What's your opinion?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 10:30:28 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 24 October 2019 at 08:02:28 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
> [snip]

D1 operators are deprecated, so at the very least the example
should be updated to reflect that (run.dlang.org did not give me
a message about them being deprecated when I ran it
though...maybe older version of DMD?). Also, I was getting an
error with writefln because there is no format string, so I
replaced that with writeln.

With those changes (below), the writeln prints 0, rather than
1337. So if it is adding to the temporary, then it seems to then
throw it away. Is that what was expected to happen?

import std.stdio;
struct Foo
{
     int y;