Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

Dan dan_partelly at rdsor.ro
Thu Oct 24 10:53:22 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 13:09:15 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 13:09:15 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This thread is for general feedback and discussion regarding
> Átila's blog post on his vision for D's future.
>
> https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/

Good write-up. Technical. Speaking about D "the language". But
what about D "the project" ? They are not the same things. Things
stay technical as long myself and 3-4 other persons are "the
project" and focus on solving a technical problem. But, as soon
as more people get involved it gets fast out of hand. Political
and social skills have to be involved. Economics rears it's ugly
head. $$$ are needed.

What is Attila's vision on "D, the project" ? What are his goals
, what does he want to accomplish as a leader? Same goes for
walter.

To be  frank, I posted some things here two years ago, then just
lurked in read only mode by time in time, but to this day I have
no freaking idea where Walter/Andrei/Attila/wheoever else wants
to go with D project and what goals they have, and what is done
to get there.  And this is bad. No clear road ahead, at least how
I perceive it. It always gave me the impression that neither the
project and the language founds it's identity.