[SAoC] MLIR Support for LDC

Roberto Rosmaninho Robertogrosmaninho at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 00:00:51 UTC 2019

Hi everyone, here goes another update from my project!

This week I was able to build the support for more BinOps:
  - ModExp
  - AndExp
  - OrExp
  - XorExp
  - EqualExp
  - CmpExp(slt,sle,sgt,sge,ult,ule,ugt,uge,neq,eq)

And the last three days I worked to implement Ifstatement witch
cost me a lot of time to figure out the right way to do that due
the lack of documentation of implementation (like a doxygen) and
none examples provided by MLIR. The next week I plan to finish
those BinOps, replace the opaque BinOps for those provided by a
StandardDialect from MLIR and start to build the D Dialect. My
primary goal for now it will be build the ForStatement support so
we will be able to have some cool tests like matrix
multiplication or some like that to put on D test suit.

Hopefully next week I'll bring this test to show you, but for now
you can track my work on
https://github.com/Robertorosmaninho/ldc/tree/fix-llvm-10 and
maybe provide some ideas or show me something that I'm not doing
right.

About the cmake problem on FindMLIR.cmake the one way that I
could think about solve was passing the MLIR path as cmake
argument with -DMLIR_ROOT_DIR=/path/to/dir and then all the
directories necessaries for MLIR works will be set.

Best regards,
Roberto Rosmaninho