Borrowing and Ownership

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Oct 28 20:31:40 UTC 2019

On 10/28/2019 11:39 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> So it is something other than @live?

The prototype, no. I hope to release a prototype soon that works only with
pointers in order to try out the data flow analysis and see how it goes. The
pieces needed to make that work would be what any DFA system would need.

For example, root/bitarray is woefully inadequate.

Having a prototype gives us all something to play with and get comfortable with
what works and what doesn't. I don't expect to be able to come up with a fully
formed design without iteration.

The nice thing about @live is it will turn the system on for that function only,
meaning it can co-exist with the rest of D code without risking disrupting it.