Borrowing and Ownership

M.M. matus at email.cz
Tue Oct 29 10:22:50 UTC 2019

On Monday, 28 October 2019 at 23:01:03 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> Note that I don't necessarily like the direction that D is
> going with DIP 1021. I wrote the OP because Walter asked me to
> share my thoughts on borrowing and ownership on the newsgroup
> and I wanted to present something that is concrete enough (if I
> make proposals that are too abstract, Walter does not parse
> them) and compatible with the accepted DIP 1021.

It would be great to hear a different direction than the one with
DIP 1021. But I understand that own time is precious, and now
that DIP 1021 is here, it might be better to invest time to a
more broadly discussed approach. (As Walter say, there is
abundance of views, at least 4, and it would be great if the
authors of the views talk to each other to shape a single
direction for the good of D.)