Replacement for snprintf

berni44 dlang at d-ecke.de
Wed Oct 30 16:04:10 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 at 15:48:44 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> The tie-breaker is to always round towards the even digit. So
> it should always produce 1.12, 1.14, etc.

As far as I know that's for avoiding error propagation, when
intermediate results need to be rounded. When I'm not completely
mistaken, Donald Knuth prooved that rounding toward even avoids
errors that might building up using several such steps.

But here there is little chance, that the result will be used for
new calculations. It's most often used for printing a result that
humans have to read. This is different.