Re: Programming language for GIMP fork's rewrite

ketmar ketmar at ketmar.no-ip.org
Mon Sep 2 20:15:36 UTC 2019

IGotD- wrote:

> On Monday, 2 September 2019 at 11:07:26 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
>> On Sunday, 1 September 2019 at 19:04:44 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>>> this project is DOA, there is no reason to waste any time on it.
>>
>> What does DOA mean?
>
> DOA would in this context mean "dead on arrival" if I'm not mistaken.

yep. project starters are not seasoned GIMP developers, and they failed to
get original devs in new team. now, GIMP codebase is huge, and to start
even understand it one have to invest *years* of fulltime work. talking
about any rewrites on this stage is ridiculous. eh, talking about
*developing* Glimpse at this stage is ridiculous -- there is no development
there, and won't be for a long time.

and, of course, it is better to stay away from Glimpse to avoid bad
publicity when that project will fail.

sincerely yours, mechanical elf, also known as captain obvious, one who
forked more projects than he has brain cells (dmd included in the list).