Programming language for GIMP fork's rewrite

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Sep 3 16:24:11 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-09-01 at 20:23 +0000, Eugene Wissner via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]

> I thought the most logical choice would be Vala. It may be not
> that popular outside Gnome, but there were times when it was
> almost the standard language for new Gtk/Glib projects.

Vala is looking like a dead, or at least stalled for many years, project.
Clearly it may revive, but at this stage it seems unlikely. Python, D, and
Rust are the natural languages of GObject programming since they all have
bindings/wrappers based on GIR files.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200