newCTFE Status September 2019

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 5 07:33:21 UTC 2019

Hi Guys,

The issues with closures seem to be resolved.
It turns out it was not an issue with the closure handling but it
failed for non-explicitly initialized structs.

While running my tests I discovered that I forgot to implement
exception-handling :-/.
That's why I am currently working on implementing it.

Since personally I do _try_ to avoid Exceptions.
I do not have a good mental model of them.
Therefore Implementing them might take a while until it's correct.

Currently I am trying to model a thrown Exception with a
specially flagged return value, which will go up into the
catch-clause-stack instead, of being returned to the caller.

The implementation is work in progress, so there are no
experimental results yet.
If anyone sees a flaw in this model, please alert me to it.

Cheers,

Stefan

P.S. your support is always appreciated.