newCTFE Status September 2019

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 5 10:23:18 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 5 September 2019 at 10:17:53 UTC, Dominikus Dittes
Scherkl wrote:
> On Thursday, 5 September 2019 at 07:33:21 UTC, Stefan Koch
> wrote:
>> While running my tests I discovered that I forgot to implement
>> exception-handling :-/.
> ?!?
> Shouldn't an exception thrown during CTFE simply put out it's
> message as compilation error and stop there? - Otherwise the
> result can only be some bogous binary that's completely
> useless...

Well no, if you have CTFE code up the stack which catches the
Exception then it's fine.
It's only a problem if the Exception would escape out of the
ctfe-entry-point.

Therefore I do have to provide the means for Exceptions to be
thrown and caught within ctfe.

Life is though sometimes :)