Discussion: Rvalue refs and a Move construtor for D

Suleyman sahmi.soulaimane at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 00:46:22 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 7 September 2019 at 21:41:16 UTC, kinke wrote:
> We have ref, auto ref, scope ref, return ref, now we're
> discussing @rvalue ref...

At this point we should consider having an rvalue pointer type.
We have concluded that preserving the rvalueness of a ref (which
is simply a pointer) is valuable, we could take it further and
save the rvalueness in pointer types as well. I find it strange
that you cant declare a pointer to an rvalue ref in C++ for
example `int&&*`.