Discussion: Rvalue refs and a Move construtor for D

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 03:52:37 UTC 2019

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 6:30 PM Suleyman via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 9 September 2019 at 01:25:18 UTC, Suleyman wrote:
> > [...]
> >     foo(&i); // error: ambiguous call
>
> A little mistake there, it should be `foo(i)`.

I mean there's no way for a template parameter to take the scope-ness
of its argument... although now I think on it, inference should
probably help out there. It's okay because it doesn't change the
calling convention like ref does, that's the real problem.

Well, is it particularly hard to try your plan? I guess you might as
well do it, and then see what happens if you don't think it's too much
work...