DIP 1020--Named Parameters--Community Review Round 2

Piotr Duda duda.piotr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 17:13:36 UTC 2019

wt., 10 wrz 2019 o 18:05 rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> napisał(a):

> To me named arguments work best when the API author is the one who made
> the decision to make it named. Not the API user. Ada and Python are both
> good examples of opt-in named arguments made by the API author.

Don't know about Ada, but in Python arguments by default are both
positional and named, You can make them named only or positional only,
but positional only syntax is available from Python 3.8 (currently
beta), before 3.8 there were no way to make arguments positional only
except by writing function in C, or abusing vararg syntax.